Tel: 01308 861800
Health advice and support for young people


In an Emergency:

If you or someone else is at immediate risk of harm or a criminal act has been committed call 999 immediately to get help.

If you have an urgent medical problem or need medical advice call 111. You can also visit the NHS website.

General advice:

  • The Carers' Trust: The Carers' Trust has a very useful page on support for young carers where you can find links and contact details for a range of services that offer support.

  • Carers UK: Carers UK is the UK's membership charity for carers of all ages offering advice and information for carers.

  • Childline: provides a 24-hour service to young people under 19-years-old. It offers advice, information and access to a counselling service.  You can also call Childline on Freephone: 0800 1111 

Wellbeing and mental health:

  • Young Minds: Young Minds offer information about coping with mental health issues, feelings, symptoms and conditions. They have a free 24-hour crisis messenger if you are experiencing a mental health crisis. 
  • Kooth: Kooth provide free anonymous online support for young people. You can read articles written by young people, speak with a counsellor and access support from the Kooth community.  Available: Monday-Friday:12pm-10pm and Saturday-Sunday: 6pm-10pm.


  • The Children’s Society: The Children’s Society can provide help on any educational needs or questions you may have as a young carer.


  • Money Advice: Money Advice gives financial support to all people, and have lots of information for young people.

Getting into work:

Rights for carers:

Content provided by CarersTrust

print this page